Escambia County schools will be back in session starting Monday, August 13th and Florida shoppers once again will have a three-day “tax-free holiday” weekend in anticipation of the new school year.
This year’s sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 3, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 5, 2018. No Florida sales tax or local option tax will be collected during this time on the following:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item, and
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.This holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Personal computers and computer-related accessories;
• Rentals or leases of any of these items;
• Repairs or alterations of any of these items; or
• Sales of clothing or school supplies in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
Click here for more information on the 2018 Florida sales tax holiday.
[% oiopub-banner-2-center %]