Help spread holiday joy throughout the streets of East Hill with the 4rd Annual All Vehicle East Hill Sleigh Ride!
Decorate your golf cart, car, trailered boat, wagon, trailers, dog leashes, and bikes for a fun nighttime holiday processional through the neighborhood.
All are welcome, BUT your vehicle must be lit and able to go at least 5 mph.
Rules and Answers to Common Questions:
1. No throws or handouts. We don’t have barricades up because this is a processional. It becomes a safety concern if people are running into the streets. Also, there is no clean up crew coming behind us. Please respect this rule so that we can continue to do this in the future.
2. Please don’t park on the route. We are expecting A LOT of people and we need the route clear for the processional and the law enforcement that will be escorting us. If you live on the route, it would be a HUGE help if you would move your cars into your driveways and ask your neighbors to do the same.
3. Please don’t block driveways or hang out in people’s yards. Please respect the neighborhood and the neighbors. We intentionally made the route go by 3 parks so people would have a place to view the processional (Bayview Park, Zamora Park on 18th, and Estramadura park on Lakeview). Also, we go up and down Lakeview so people can watch from the median. Any street that crosses the route would be a great place to view as well.
4. Line-up starts at 4:15 pm at the Bayview Community Center parking lot. The processional starts at 5:30 pm. If you have a trailer you are bringing, consider lining up on Blount and joining the processional at the end. I would imagine the whole thing will be finished by 6:30 pm at the latest.
HERE ARE THE STREETS:
We start on 20th and take a right on Mallory
Left on Whaley
Right on Osceola
Merge onto Yates
Left on Blackshear
Left on 18th
Right on Lakeview
U-Turn at 13th
Right on 18th
Left on Blount
Finish at the park.
5. We are still raising money for the Gulf Coast Kids House to benefit victims of child abuse! Please consider giving. Any amount helps!
6. Help us get the word out! If you have neighbors who aren’t on Facebook, help spread the holiday cheer by letting them know about this.
7. Everyone is welcome. There is no sign up and no fee. We ask that everyone consider donating to our fundraiser for Gulf Coast Kid’s House.
8. If it rains we will reschedule for Friday, December 22. Same time, same place.