- This event has passed.
Winter Bike Build
November 21 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Do you have a sense of enthusiasm and two hands? The Winter Bike Build Is Here! Join onbikes Pensacola for the 2020 Winter Bike Build on November 21, 2020 from 9:00am-2:00pm at the Pensacola Bay Center. There are two shifts available (9am-11am and 12pm-2pm) where we will work together to assemble 500 bikes.
**DUE TO COVID ALL ATTENDEES ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK & HAVE TEMPERATURE CHECKED. We also ask that you do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your shift and you do not enter the building until instructed. This is for your safety and to give us time to disinfect between shifts.****
Don’t know how to assemble a bike? Don’t worry about it, our onbikes crew members will help teach and guide us all as we turn screws, pump tires, and make these children’s dreams come true.
Everything You Need To Know:
– Due to Covid, all attendees are required to wear a mask & have temperature checked. We will have tables spread out inside and limited tables outside the Bay Center and ask that each table is limited to one family/group per table OR max of FOUR people per table. We will provide hand sanitizer at each table and disinfectant wipes. We will also disinfect between each shift.
– Since we need to disinfect between shifts, do not arrive more than 15 mins before your shift and do not enter the building space until we ask you to. This is for your safety.
– The bikes we receive for the kids arrive unassembled, packed flat in boxes.
– We need volunteers to open boxes, turn screws, manage trash, and help us make the magic happen!
– Building a bike is surprisingly easy. You’ll join other volunteers on an assembly line, do your part, then slide the bike to your neighbor. It’s that easy!
– Bringing your own tools is not required. But if you got em, bring em!
– This event is family-friendly! We have plenty of space for the kids. Don’t forget to register them too!
Onbikes is looking for volunteers to help make sure that everything runs smoothly for all of the builders at our Winter Bike Build on Saturday, November 21st at the Pensacola Bay Center.
We need help setting up the Friday before the event and organizing the boxed bikes for distribution at the build. As well as Saturday, handing out refreshments, assisting builders with questions and collecting empty bike boxes.
If you are interested, sign up here >>
*Please note, if you have already signed up through eventbrite to build bikes, you do NOT need to sign up through Sign Up Genius. These are separate volunteer positions.