- This event has passed.
PCKids Jr. Chef Summer Baking Camps: BASIC Baking – Jun 1 at
June 1 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Camp Jr. Pastry Chef: Basic Baking 101
Jr. Chefs ages 6-9 meet Monday through Friday from 9:00 am-12:00 pm
A definite confidence builder, campers learn both the basic science and art of baking a variety of savory and sweet recipes. From cakes, creamy tarts to breads, cookies, muffins, and biscuits. There is something for every camper to love.
Advance registration is required. No walk-ins permitted.
Campers learn essential skills to prepare recipes with varying themes:
• Multitude of skills that will follow campers into adulthood
• Practice a variety of “hands-on” cooking and/or baking skills
• Daily child friendly recipes
Cost of camp ($200 per camp, per child) includes:
– 15 hours of hands-on instruction by trained culinary instructors and assistants in a small class environment
– Daily wholesome food prepared in class and beverages (food prepared in class is served but is not a meal; campers need to eat their breakfast or lunch prior to class).
– Daily use of class aprons, cooking utensils, and supplies
– Camp recipe booklet, certificate of participation, and a chef hat are presented at “PCKids Jr. Chef graduation” on the last day of camp
– Wear closed toe shoes (no sandals) for safety purposes
– Pull back long hair in a pony tail for hygiene purposes
– No jewelry, please
– No use of personal cell phones during camp
– Parents/guardians complete a waiver form on the first day of class
Questions? Call the Pensacola Cooks office at 850.456.0743, Tuesday-Friday, 10 am -5 pm.
Please email email@example.com no later than two weeks prior to the first day of camp with any special dietary or medical needs your child has at this time. Our camp director will follow-up with you regarding registration.